Teflon Gasket: Teflon Gaket Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) is a synthetic fluoropolymer of tetrafluoroethylene . It is also known by a common trade name TEFLON™, which is trademarked by Chemours. Teflon Gasket can be modified for use as a gasketing material with strong chemical resistance properties.
Key Properties of Teflon Gasket
Teflon gasket is chemical resistant and can define their existence in the most corrosive of environments.It will never contaminate the most sensitive medium.
Teflon is completely insoluble and has very high inherent of purity and can be manufactured with no contamination It cannot be affected by lubricants, hydraulic fluids and atmospheric conditions.It is completely chemical resistant.
Industrial Applications For Teflon® Gaskets
Teflon gaskets are used in many industrial applications, especially the following:
- Compressor – High temperature and surface-wear resistant sealing gaskets.
- Electric Motor – Sealing gaskets for components that require corrosion-resistance, exposure to high and low temperatures and high surface wear.
- Medical Component – Seals for electronic instrumentation using materials that provide secure seals and long product life. Specialty gaskets, especially miniature sizes, are required for many medical devices.
- Petrochemical – Gaskets for process equipment that are resistant to corrosive fluids, temperature extremes, and surface wear.
Services & Capabilities
Using the latest manufacturing technologies and processes, Jain Mill Stores produces custom Teflon gaskets that meet the requirements demanded by our customers.
- Die cutting – Die cutting produces exact, complex gasket shapes. Our state-of-the-art software provides efficient use of materials for high yields. High cutting speeds allow fast production and delivery of parts. We can manufacture to ± .015” tolerances on die-cut parts.
- Water jet cutting – Water jet cutting allows for precise positioning for manufacturing and a high degree of repeatability for efficient production runs. Our CNC-controlled water jet cutting machinery can accurately cut Teflon Gasket materials up to 6” thick. Tolerances are based on the size and thickness of the material being cut.
- Guaranteed delivery – We are committed to providing you with your orders when you need them. Our Emergency Delivery Service is an exclusive expedited production service for urgent orders. It provides expedited turnarounds, with some orders produced within 24 hours.
Please note: Any technical data provided is for informational purposes only. Before specifying this material for your application, please verify the material performance against specification sheet provided by the material manufacturer.
Teflon can be made into sheet material, washers, spaces, rings, tubes, coating for pump interiors, drilling-components and dip tubes. It is truly an incredibly adaptable and flexible product and maintains all the unique properties of Teflon Gasketsas discussed above.
Jain Mill Stores manufactures PTFE products which can resists higher temperature and pressure combinations. Best suitable as sealant and torque retention, minimizing gasket creep and cold flow problems.We only use Virgin PTFE products.